Always wash your hands before touching your new tattoo!
Remove the bandage within 2-3 hours, DO NOT re-bandage.
With your hands, gently wash your tattoo with mild soap; do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Gently pat dry with a clean cloth. Do not rub, or use a fabric with a rough surface.
During the first 5 days, rub a small amount of any unscented/fragrance free lotion you know you’re not allergic to. We LOVE After Inked!!! DO NOT USE PETROLEUM products. Re-apply as needed.
Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks – nothing abrasive or irritating. On the 3rd or 4th day your tattoo will begin to peel. THIS IS NORMAL!!! DO NOT PICK AT THE SKIN. Continue applying your aftercare lotion of choice for the next 2 or 3 weeks for normal healing.
Avoid direct sun exposure and do not allow your tattoo to soak in any water for 2 - 3 weeks.
If you have any questions, don’t guess, don’t listen to your friends or call other shops…CALL US!!! 760.233.5869
Basic Tattoo Shop Etiquette
- Be On Time
- Eat & Hydrate Before You Get Tattooed
- Don’t Set Time Restrictions
- Be Patient
- Be Sober
- Don’t Bring Your Whole Family
- Good Tattoos Aren’t Cheap & Cheap Tattoos Aren’t Good
- Have Good Hygiene
- Be Open To Your Artist’s Ideas
- Don’t Be A Back Seat Driver
- Do Your Research
- Know Artists Specialize in Particular Styles
- Know What You Want
- Don’t Come If You Are Sick
- Don’t Be That Guy On The Cell Phone
- Do Not Haggle Over Price
- Dress Appropriately
- Listen To Your Artist’s Aftercare Instructions
- Tip Your Artist